Fundamentals of the Personal Data Protection Act
- 0 (Registered)
Organisations are required to appoint one or more Data Protection Officers (DPOs) to be responsible for ensuring the organisation’s compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA).
A two-day course – “Fundamentals of the Personal Data Protection Act” – has been developed under the Business Management Workforce Skills Qualifications (BM WSQ) framework by PDPC to equip DPOs with basic knowledge and skills in complying with the PDPA.
Get started on your learning journey today with Web Learning Resources. This course has been enhanced with an expanded curriculum and more rigorous assessments.
- Learn about the key concepts and obligations of the PDPA and understand what needs to be done to facilitate compliance.
- Obtain a BM WSQ Statement of Attainment (SOA) issued by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) upon successful completion of course and assessments.
- SSG Funding*
• 50% of course fees, capped at $15/hr for non-SMEs and self-sponsored individuals.
• 90% of course fees, capped at $50/hr for SMEs.
• Absentee payroll funding is 80% of attendee’s hourly basic salary capped at $4.50/hr (non-SMEs) and $7.50/hr (SMEs).
*Only Singaporeans and Permanent Residents are eligible for funding.
- Introduction to the PDPA
- Role of DPO
- Develop a process for dispute resolution
- Managing data breaches
- Data Protection and Do Not Call Provisions
- Create an organisation’s data inventory map (DIM) and identify possible areas of non-compliance
- Training and communications to staff for compliance to data protection provisions